Gingham & Heels is all about creating beautiful experiences for our everyday women and we strive to achieve this in all that we do.
Reporting to the Managing Director and General Manager, this role is pivotal to the business’ daily operations and strategic direction.
The focus of this role is across operations, finance, personnel and logistics.
As the Retail Operations Manager you will have the opportunity to manage the successful implementation of new programs and processes, make informed financial decisions, as well as lead a direct team of 30+ in HQ and by extension, a wider team of 15+ across our store network.
This role is ideal for someone with relevant previous experience and looking to grow into General Management, seeking that next step and a new challenge.
Gingham & Heels is a fast-paced, constantly changing business with huge growth plans for 2021. As a business, we focus on our teams talents and challenge you to perform at your best.
As a team, we’re bold with ideas and operate with pace and passion, always looking for better ways to transform retail and create an experience for our customers.
To be successful, you’ll have:
- Multi-site retail operational leadership experience
- Demonstrated experience in change management with the ability to influence team at all levels
- Strong planning, organisational and communication skills with the ability to present to senior executives
- Attention to detail with excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to write reports, business correspondence, policy and procedures and training guidelines
- Some previous experience in leading and reviewing Profit & Loss statements
- Experience in developing and implementing ongoing efficiencies/initiatives to improve the Profit & Loss function
- Demonstrated experience in coordination of store projects, collating audits and stocktakes, overseeing HR and payroll functions, managing store resources, optimising processes around sale, stock and cash management, and a complete understanding of WHS compliance
- Proven experience managing priorities and multiple requests for support
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Identify and develop best practice business operations and implement processes and procedures to achieve efficiencies
- Manage the daily functions of the HQ team ensuring all tasks are completed and all priorities are met
- Ensure the highest possible standard and attention to detail is followed through by all team across all completed tasks
- Coordinate team in HQ to fill gaps and shortages and where possible, save costs where staffing is in surplus
- Approve all payroll and HR functions for HQ team
- Manage all IT system requirements for HQ office
- Identify opportunities to minimise operational costs and support sales growth by collaborating with Area Manager and executive team to find unique solutions for HQ and stores
- Provide recommendations on profit protection issues to Managing Director and General Manager
- Ensure compliance with work health and safety (WHS) policies and procedures
- Oversee the coordination of all store and HQ maintenance issues and local contractors
- Responsible for month end reports, review and analysis of financial data
- Analyse store sales performance and profit and loss reports weekly and monthly to highlight opportunities, costs and threats and formulate strategies for business growth
- Oversee all after sales issues via Customer Happiness team
- Support the business with reports, presentations and administrative matters as needed
- Participate in on-site inventory cycle stocktakes
- Develop and enhance inventory control plans and look for opportunities to improve inventory processes
- Manage all operational communications to store teams and oversee training and implementation of new processes and procedures
- Conduct weekly WIP meetings with HQ team and report concerns and highlights to executive team
- Conduct all performance management meetings as needed for HQ team
- Contract negotiation with key stakeholders across logistics and operations, namely freight partners
- Model the Gingham and Heels culture and inspire others to adopt your passion for the work you do and the brand you love by celebrating success, inspiring innovation and building strong relationships.
Not only will you receive a competitive salary, you’ll also have access to these great benefits:
- 50% discount across all apparel and selected categories
- A generous monthly clothing allowance
- Friends and family discounts
- Free and accessible on street parking at HQ
- Learn new skills and develop your existing capabilities - we provide excellent ongoing training and development (in-house and externally with paid courses) as well as mentorship by executive team
Requirements of the role:
- Fluent written and spoken English with excellent communication skills
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in retail, with exposure to retail management and boutique operations
- General product knowledge of women’s fashion and women’s fashion retailers in the local market
- Extensive experience in people management, process improvement, logistics and operations
- Business awareness and agility with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Tolerance of working pressure and the capability in handling unpredictable tasks
- Advanced IT, computer and systems literacy
- Emotional intelligence and experience managing varying personality types
If we tick all your boxes and you tick ours then Apply Now.
Please submit your resume and cover letter, highlighting your relevant experience and reason you are applying for the role.
All successful applicants will be contacted for an initial ZOOM interview next week.
We look forward to receiving your application.