If you are known to have a sweet tooth like us, but don’t want the guilt of eating a whole carton of Woolies donuts (don’t worry, we have ALL been there!) Then put on your chef's hat and give these delicious, ‘not so naughty’ Choc Chip Muffins a try!
Our gorgeous Office Manager Sofia has shared with us her go-to Choc Chip Muffin recipe packed full of delicious ingredients that contain healthy fats + fibre that will quell that 3pm lockdown craving!
To make these hunger-busting muffins you will need...
- 2 CUP ALMOND MEAL
- ½ CUP BUCKWHEAT FLOUR
- 2 TSP BAKING POWDER
- ½ CUP DARK CHOCOLATE CHIPS ( or measure these with your heart 😉)
- 3 EGGS
- ¼ CUP COCONUT OIL, MELTED (or extra virgin olive oil)
- ¼ CUP MAPLE SYRUP
- 1 TSP VANILLA EXTRACT
(Makes 7 muffins.)
1. Start by preheating your oven to 180ºC or 350ºF. Line a muffin tin with 7 cupcake or muffin liners. Grease lightly with oil.
2. Add all the dry ingredients - excluding the Choc Chips - to a mixing bowl and stir to combine.
3. Combine all the wet ingredients into a separate mixing bowl and whisk together until smooth.
4. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry mixture and stir until combined.
5. Once combined, add your choc chips and stir through evenly.
6. Divide the mixture between cupcake liners and bake in a preheated oven for 20-25 mins, or until cooked through.
7. Remove from the oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool.
8. Keep store in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days, or freeze the muffins for up to 1 month.
9. Put on the kettle, pop your feet up and enjoy those well deserved muffins!